HOW YOU WILL SPEND YOUR SUMMER:
Eight (8) to ten (10) week experience working in a pork harvesting facility.
First year interns own a project on the production floor, from start to finish, and present results to senior plant management. Includes data collection and direct observations on the production floor, evaluating and analyzing data for trends and patterns
- Second year interns will gain valuable hands-on work experience working in the training and FSQA departments
- Participate in system and plant orientation, networking, group mentoring sessions and other opportunities targeted towards personal and professional development
- Community involvement through volunteer events
- Participate in the integrated system-wide tour and exposure to corporate leadership
- Projects and hands-on work experience could qualify for college credits (dependent on college requirements)
- Engage, assist, and contribute to the team and the overall success of the internship program
RESPONSABILITIES & TASKS:
- You're at least eighteen years old, and are currently enrolled in college, technical school classes, or recently graduated from high school and are looking for a career in the food processing industry
- You have strong verbal / written communication and presentation skills
- You have strong organization and time-management skills
- You have skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and database administration
- You can exhibit professionalism in any setting, and you enjoy working with a diverse team
- You can manage multiple priorities and shift focus between tasks, and you pay attention to details
- You're able to commit to full-time work availability for the duration of the Internship, and can work a varying work schedule, if required
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS IN ALL ROLES: instills trust, communicates effectively, action oriented, ensures accountability, and drives results.
ABOUT SEABOARD FOODS
At Seaboard Foods, we create the most sought-after pork. A top U.S. pork producer/processor and leading exporter to 30+ countries, we are committed to bringing excellence to the table, seeking a better way to produce wholesome pork and connect every step between our farms and family tables. Together, more than 5,000 employees in five states work in our farms, feed mills, and processing plant, to produce Prairie Fresh pork, ensuring the well-being of our animals, the environment, our employees and the communities we call home.
Seaboard Foods is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.