We are seeking a talented Product Design Intern to join our growing Government Systems team. This team builds products and services that primarily support military users, on and off the battlefield.
- Enabling secure networks to be set up quickly
- Encrypting confidential communications (and making sure they stay that way)
- Providing resilient internet access on the planes that carry our nation's leaders
We work with all branches of the military, including the Space Force and Special Forces. Our products take on complex technical tasks. Making those tasks easy to use under pressure makes for challenging UX.
For our military and civilian users, great designs are the ones that make complex data streams simple to process, reduce cognitive load, and enable quick decisions. Done right, our design work can save precious minutes, and ultimately, save lives.
We're looking for a designer who can contribute to the design process end to end - envisioning future concepts, defining flows to detailed interaction designs and prototypes, supporting user testing, and delivery.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher in UX/UI Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Information Science, Data Science, Statistics, Human Factors, or another related field
- Experience in Background in Human-Centered Design, Interaction Design, Product Design, and/or Human-Computer Interaction
- Ability to commit to a 10-12 week summer internship
- Currently pursuing an MS degree in UX/UI Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Information Science, Data Science, Statistics, Human Factors, or another related field
- Experience with research and design tools eg. Figma, UserZoom or similar
- Experience with military or government contexts