Amcor Rigid Packaging
Continuous Improvement Manager
Open to Location in the U.S.
Amcor is a global leader in developing and producing responsible packaging for food, beverage, pharmaceutical, medical, home- and personal-care, and other products. Amcor works with leading companies around the world to protect their products and the people who rely on them, differentiate brands, and improve value chains through a range of flexible and rigid packaging, specialty cartons, closures, and services. The company is focused on making packaging that is increasingly light-weighted, recyclable and reusable, and made using a rising amount of recycled content. Around 50,000 Amcor people generate US$13 billion in sales from operations that span about 250 locations in 40-plus countries. NYSE: AMCR; ASX: AMC
This position will deliver measurable, sustainable results by implementing Amcor's approach to continuous improvement, known as the Amcor Manufacturing System (AMS). In addition to a "can-do" attitude, this role requires leadership and change management skills, problem solving, technology expertise, project management discipline and extensive experience in operational excellence and process improvement. The position will lead, train, coach, inspire and mentor individuals throughout Amcor's plants using the AMS methodology. Additionally, this position may support future LSSGB and LSSBB training waves as required across ARPNA (Amcor Rigid Plastics North America).
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead and drive the CI process throughout ARPNA through the "hands-on" support and/or leadership of successful plant CI projects
- Act as change agent to instill a Continuous Improvement culture throughout the organization
- Serve as a thought leader on CI strategy for ARPNA
- Work with plant CI contacts and organizational staff to identify, manage, and execute CI Projects using a standard methodology
- Partner with key functional area teams to drive improvement results throughout the business
- Monitor performance and improvements in key metrics, and establish metrics, as needed
- Acting as a technical expert, coach and train other team members in the use of CI processes and tools
- Overall management responsibility for project / activity tracking to achieve annual YoY (Year over Year) targeted savings, including validation of savings with the Plant Controllers and/or Corporate Financial Representatives
- Facilitate/ Lead cross-functional improvement teams, as needed
- Collect and analyze data and identify solutions based on root cause analysis and create business cases to present to key stakeholders and "sell" solutions
- Create value stream and/or process maps to help standardize process and workflow where necessary
- Employ standard methodology and analytics into organizational operations in order to accomplish business objectives
- Work with corporate, division and plant professionals in the planning, designing, and accomplishing of key projects
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Engineering or related field
- Master's Degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years of process improvement experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the packaging industry-including extensive exposure to Lean Principles and Tools
- Formal Lean, Six Sigma, or PM Training and certification required
- Competence with waste identification, process mapping, statistical and reporting tools (e.g. Visio, Minitab, Excel, Business Objects, etc.)
- Proven track record for developing, training, and coaching teams
- Able to communicate to a broad audience from novice to expert
- Strong coaching, counseling, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent public speaking and written skills
- Previous plant or operational management experience preferred
- Travel 75%
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.