Join Amcor and you can be part of the team that makes the packaging of the future better for people and our planet.
Here at Amcor, we work together every day to make a positive impact on the lives of millions of people across the globe by providing packaging for essential products, including food, beverages, pharmaceutical, medical, home and personal-care.
We are sustainability leaders in our industry. We are the first global packaging company to commit to make all our products recyclable or reusable by 2025.
Our products are vital to support the lives of millions of people across the globe every day.
We are always looking for talented and passionate individuals who are motivated to make a difference. Working at Amcor means you will have a unique opportunity to be a part of an organisation that is committed to innovating and driving new solutions to create more sustainable packaging solutions.
To find out more about our commitment to sustainability and about Amcor, visitIIIII
At Amcor Rigid Packaging (ARP), our teams are focused on developing and making plastic bottles and jars that create a unique experience and are better for the environment. Our bottles and jars are primarily made from PET (polyethylene terephthalate), which hasrapidly become the world's preferred packaging material. PET is lightweight, shatterproof, recloseable, resealable, reusable and infinitely recyclable*.
With approximately 6,000 people across about 50 manufacturing operations in 11 countries and an annual revenue of US$2.9 Billion, ARP provides rigid packaging solutions to the beverage, pharmaceutical, food, and home and personal care segments.
Learn more about the many benefits of PET bottles
*with existing technologies including chemical recycling
Amcor Rigid Packaging
Commercial Finance Manager
Ann Arbor, MI
Reporting to the Vice President, Commercial Finance North America, the Commercial Finance Managerfills a critical role in the Amcor Rigid Packaging North America organization. This position is responsible for taking point on all Commercial Finance activities for multiple business segments and Commercial Directors. Interfacing with senior leaders across the business, the position partners with the commercial team to drive profitability, top-line growth, and market value preservation. Position highlights are as follows:
- Provide financial leadership, analysis and expert guidance related to: 1) new and existing product pricing, 2) contract management support, 3) capital investment decisions, 4) customer and product line profitability, 5) new and existing segment categories and 6) other forward-looking opportunities
- Lead financial analysis and support of Segment strategic initiatives
- Work to identify profit "leakages" and opportunities to enhance overall profitability
The position will be responsible for driving improvements up and down the P&L for business segments and Key Accounts of the business. The Commercial Finance Manager is expected to forge relationships, work with autonomy, be a thought leader, and drive results.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Partner with the ARPNA Commercial Team through 1) Contract Analysis, 2) Product, plant & customer profitability, 3) Targeted return pricing initiatives, 4) Profit leakage analysis, 5) Pricing, 6.) Cost and operational complexity analysis, 7) Key Account Team representation for Financial Analysis and 8) Out of market risk analysis, etc
- Provide active participation on Segment and Customer Account Teams including value selling propositions, contract terms development and negotiations, preparation and review of profitability improvement actions, proactive account planning, supply option and capital expenditure justification and analysis of customer and product profitability
- Actively participate in ARPNA Business Development Review (BDR) and Request for Quote (RFQ) processes
- Develop comprehensive margin analysis for existing products and opportunities
- Assist developing and implementing standard clauses for contracts, 1) Operational Cost recovery using on Producer Price Index (PPI) fluctuations, 2) Non resin material movements, 3) Energy, 4) Freight, 5) in/out change over recovery, 6) PCR, 7) additives and colors, 8) specialty runs, etc... to prevent profitability erosion
- Develop and draft Capital Expense Approval Voucher (CEAV) requests
- Development and approval of pricing and proposals utilizing ARPNA pricing systems, "market pricing" analysis, Next Best Alternative analysis, win/loss and competitive intelligence information
- Identify and quantify commercial outperformance activities, including commercial pipeline activities
- Utilize available tools (SAP, BW, CRM, Line Costing, Pocket Margin Database, SMDB etc) for opportunity analysis, data mining, and customer/product profitability improvement plans
- Provide finance leadership to various strategic projects
Business Unit Support
- Assist the Commercial Directors with the following: 1) Competitive intelligence analysis; 2) Value preservation strategy; 3) Disruptive technology analysis; 4) Value proposition of competing technologies or packaging options; 5) Value propositions and cost analysis for new products, manufacturing processes, or materials; and 6) M&A support
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of multiple manufacturing processes in order to understand equipment capabilities required to support different markets and segments, Cost to Produce (CTP) expectations on equipment and new equipment, capital investment analysis, possible equipment refreshes or footprint changes
- Collaborate with the Marketing group for:1) New product development, 2) Value propositions for innovation projects and emerging technologies and 3) New market development
- Profitability deep dives by plant, technology, or customer
- Develop complex financial models with straightforward user interfaces
- Drive continuous improvements in processes that will reduce turnaround time without negatively impacting the accuracy or effectiveness of analysis
- Education: Bachelor's Degree In Business or Finance required; MBA preferred
- 8 years of progressively increasing responsibility in a financial analysis role; commercial finance preferred
- Advanced Excel skills a must; experience with Microsoft Office tools required
- Strong systems skills/aptitude (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, ERP systems software)
- Proven thought leadership and critical thinking skills
- Detail oriented and the ability to clearly and concisely communicate findings and recommendations to all levels of the organization
- Problem solving/analytics; manufacturing/cost accounting; general understanding of plant operations preferred
- Ability to multi-task, meet strict deadlines, and work under pressure
- Specific experience in the following areas is strongly preferred:
- Developing detailed / complex financial modeling scenarios
- Analyzing product-line profitability and employing activity-based costing theories
Amcor Leadership Framework Competencies
- Customer Focus
- Learning on the Fly
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Drive for Results
3-5 Applicable ALF Competencies:
Building Effective Teams
- VP Commercial Finance North America
- Director, Commercial Finance
- Sr Director & Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
- Commercial VP, Directors & Account Managers
- Resin and Sales Accounting Managers
- Supply Chain Director and Managers
- Marketing Managers
- Procurement - Direct Materials Strategic Supplier Development, NA
Other Physical Requirements: None
Work Environment:Office Environment
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties, responsibilities, skills and/or abilities.
Amcor is a thriving S&P 500 organisation listed both on the NYSE (AMCR) and ASX (AMC) with US$13 billion in sales. We have a proud history dating back to the 1860's and come a long way from a single paper mill based in Melbourne to becoming the global leading packaging company. Today, Amcor is an international organisation empowering its 50,000 employees in over 40 countries and across 250 sites.
At Amcor we believe in talent through diversity and promote equal opportunity in the workplace and recognise that discrimination and harassment of co-workers based on race, creed, disability, gender, marital or maternity status, religious or political beliefs, age or sexual orientation is unlawful.