Position at GroupM North America
WHO YOU ARE
Connected, curious, and committed to developing a truly cross-channel Investment team that’s the best in the industry. You are energized by developing creative solutions to our clients’ biggest marketing challenges, motivated to break down legacy silos and thinking, and in constant pursuit of innovation and value creation.
The Executive Director, Investment and Activation is a newly created role responsible for Wavemaker’s overall Investment strategy across all clients, platforms and partners. Working collaboratively with Wavemaker and GroupM leadership & Investment peers, the Executive Director, Investment & Activation will be responsible for leading the vision and execution of cross-channel buying and activation across Wavemaker’s client portfolio - from developing teams and talent to building marketplace relationships and co-creating smarter media solutions with clients and prospects. In the evolution of WPP, GroupM, and Wavemaker, this role is critical to redefining the role Investment plays in transformation of our client’s business and our own.
- Build and lead a team of marketplace experts expected to deliver meaningful advantages for Wavemaker’s clients – expressed in unique inventory, ideas, data, best pricing, innovation, access and assets yet to be imagined.
- Lead the team to provide clients with guidance across a complex media landscape, helping to solve their challenges using a data first approach with an advanced understanding of how platforms work, and how best to buy, optimize, measure and attribute our investments across audiences, screens, and media channels in a connected marketplace.
- In partnership with our Wavemaker Client and Practice leaders (Strategy & Comms Planning, Content, Data Sciences, Precision Marketing), and GroupM Marketplace experts, develop creative ideas and solutions that drive measurable business growth for our clients and for the agency.
- Be an integral participant in new business pitches, presenting our approach to the marketplace framed in the objectives of the prospect, answering the brief for efficient pricing with effective media strategies, and bringing relevant innovation and ideas to the table – ideas that redefine Investment.
- The Executive Director, Investment & Activation will be our face to the marketplace, building relationships with clients and the marketplace that help define GroupM and Wavemaker as best in class.
- This role will represent Wavemaker and GroupM at major industry events and forums and will maintain positive relationships with key journalists and represent agency views for PR/press.
WHAT SETS YOU APART AS A WAVEMAKER
- An Authentic Leader and Creative Problem Solver—a highly collaborative and persuasive leader, with a mission to solve client problems by challenging conventional thinking in a constructive way. In a matrixed organization, you love to connect, coach and inspire people – mentorship is in your DNA.
- A Dynamic Presence – can wow in new business and impact existing clients with a stream of fresh thinking and perspective. A presence in the marketplace – telling the Wavemaker/GroupM story, sharing our case studies, and attracting new clients to Wavemaker as a respected voice in the industry.
- In Pursuit of Simplicity - ability to synthesize data and give meaning to the complexity of our media landscape, seeing patterns that others don’t yet see. You share our passion for insights over facts, with a relentless push for media, content and technology connections along the purchase journey – connections that accelerate growth of our clients, our agency and our people.
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity.We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.