PURPOSE: To ensure guests, tenants and employees at Mall of America have a positive experience by providing service related to guest safety/relations and the enforcement of the Parental Escort Policy.
- Enforcing and ensuring compliance of the Parental Escort Policy.
- Perform various guest relations activities including but not limited to providing directions to guests, assisting in the location of lost persons, cars, etc.
- Respond to emergency or incident calls as needed or directed. Will provide first aid or CPR in life threatening situations. Requests police or EMS services as necessary.
- Provide outstanding internal and external guest service, at all times.
- Monitor safety awareness practices among MOA staff and tenants; promptly identify and report any hazardous conditions according to procedure.
- Utilize quick decision-making skills and sound judgment acting in accordance with MOA Security policy and procedure as well as state and local statutes.
- Ensure proper radio traffic and utilize quick decision-making skills and sound judgement acting in accordance with MOA Security policy and procedure as well as state and local statutes.
- Complete accurate incident reports as required in a timely manner.
- Uphold high personal and professional standards as set forth by the MOA Security Department.
- Roof/door access security details may be required.
- May be assigned to the following areas: Patrol supporting roles, crowd control, line control, bag checks or stationary posts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work variable and/or rotating shifts, which include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Excellent customer relations skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to remain calm and effective in stressful situations, utilizing rational thinking and decision making.
- Ability to accept, prioritize and follow through on work direction.
- Be able to meet the physical demands of the position including frequent and sustained walking, occasional running, bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, crawling and frequent and extensive use of hands and arms.
- Maintain an adequate level of physical fitness to perform duties of position effectively (i.e. timely and effective response to emergency situations).
- Successful completion of an in-house 40 hour training program.
- Successful completion of 3-4 week field training program.
- Eligible to be licensed as a Security Officer in the State of Minnesota. This requires that you have no record of conviction for crimes against persons or property as revealed through a fingerprint check with the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension and/or the FBI.
- Must submit to drug testing as a condition of employment in the Security Department.
PREFERRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Post-secondary education.
- Military experience.
- Working knowledge of state and federal criminal justice statutes and law enforcement procedures
- Law Enforcement Skills training.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Walking - Frequently 90%
- Standing - Frequently 90%
- Reaching at or below shoulder level -- Frequently 90%
- Bending - Occasionally 30%
- Stooping/Squatting/Kneeling - Occasionally 30%